|Issue Date||Spring 2006|
|Number of Articles Online||1 Articles|
|Download Print Version||Newsletter36.pdf|
|Download Size||478 kB|
|Estimated Download Time (broadband)||1 minute|
|Estimated Download Time (dialup)||2 minutes|
Return to Newsletter Index Return to Article Index
|Title||A Summary of The Understorey Network's Strategy|
The Understorey Network is now ten years old - an appropriate time to review our organization and draft a strategy to guide us for the next ten years. The Management committee, project manager and members have all had an opportunity to provide input and suggestions into a strategy. Developing this strategy has enabled us to outline a vision, define our aspirations, identify barriers and followup with actions. It will give us a means of measuring progress and a focus to review our failures and successes. Here is a sample of key elements of the strategy.
Our vision is to be a key service provider for vegetation technical support and resources while continuing to be a grass roots community organisation.
Our Aspirations are to:
- Have a supported and active membership.
- Achieve identifiable landscape and vegetation change.
- Be a key provider of accessible accurate information and resources on vegetation management.
- Have influential links and communication with the wider natural resource management network.
- Have ongoing financial stability.
A full version of the strategy is available on request from Ruth Mollison.